The pandemic of 2020 has changed our world order, even more, how we live and work. Before delving further, take a look at these statistics:
- By 2025 an estimated 70% of the workforce will be working remotely at least five days a month.
- 2020 might be the year of remote work but this trend is likely to continue in 2021.
- The percentage of workers permanently working from homes might double in 2021.
- 74% of employers plan to shift their employees to remote working after the covid crisis ends.
- Tech companies like Twitter and Facebook are taking the lead here and have already communicated to their workforce that they can work remotely now until further notice.
- Global workplace analytics reported that 90% of the workforce work remotely at least once a week.
- 94% of employers said productivity was the same or even higher with employees working remotely.
Distributed teams are the future of remote work
The traditional idea of working was slogging it out from your cubicle in the office. This has already taken a backseat. Remote work is a reality today and is happening now. Companies encourage employees to have conference calls and collaborate through screen sharing. This is because few of the teams are already distributed across different regions.
Go To Market are one of the forerunners of this distributed team model and are helping companies to scale up their workforce through virtual staffing services. The company is focused on providing skilled manpower across geographies and uses technology for monitoring and handling remote staff.
While the client organization can focus on business growth and penetrating newer markets, Go To Market ensures convenience and uses an outsourcing model to hire talented professionals from a diverse global resource pool.
Implications of a remote working model
- Companies would lean into remote working as an engrained, supported and normalized model. This will imply completely doing away with large office spaces. Two things will emerge. Some companies will shift to a completely remote working model that will ensure doing away with office spaces. This will lead to major cost savings. The other group will shift to a hybrid model, with a combination of remote working and onsite office working. In-person meetings in a hybrid model will be used for brainstorming sessions. Remote working will be allocated for more individual contribution. Cubicles will be a thing of the past and collaborative workspaces will be the new norm.
- Engagement will be more in a remote working model. Employees will need to show the extra effort to stand out as performers in front of employers. Virtual events, being active in online meetings and keeping enthusiasm high will enable employees to stand out as leaders while working from home.
- Performance management will completely change in remote work. Organizations will increasingly focus on work done rather than hours worked. To maximize employee efficiency, employers will need visibility over what employees are doing. Go To Market uses a system of continuous feedback to help employees navigate their job responsibilities and meet performance expectations.
- The shift to remote work will entail a lot of organizations investing in cybersecurity and new IT systems. Data security concerns will be a priority. Securing a remote workforce requires a different mindset and presents an expanded perimeter of attack. A Company like Go To Market understands these concerns and ensures adequate up-gradation of an IT infrastructure to suit a remote working model for its clientele.
What does Remote working mean for millennials?
As is evident now, in a post-pandemic world remote working is here to stay. However, with a new younger population joining the global workforce, the changed mindset is somewhat like this
“I want to have a job but I also want to have a life”
This sums up one of the most important statements of Millenials and Gen Z workers. The mutual benefit of remote working for employers and employees have spawned several trends. They will give us an indication of the future of remote work:
- Companies are ready to experiment with four day work week for 8 hours in a remote working model. This will entail a perfect work-life balance for some employees, whilst the more motivated ones will work on gigs and freelancing opportunities.
- Coworking spaces are on the rise and today’s work environment is more collaborative than traditional office spaces.
- Talent and skill will rule the roost and employers will attempt to address skill gaps in their companies. Working long hours will be a thing of the past. Instead working effective hours will predominate in a remote working model.
- Travel working will predominate which would mean working remotely even on an extended vacation.
The Covid crisis is a landmark in human history and man’s struggle for survival. Whilst this crisis has and will transform the way we live on this planet, remote working is one of the paradigm shifts in the way we work, post the global pandemic. A company like Go To Market may be your perfect partner in effectuating this change. Now! For more information on remote working and virtual staffing services, Book a Consultation Now. Pls visit: https://gotomarket.com/